December 29, 2004

Ambiguous

For several weeks I’ve seen you now
and yet it seems
that I’ve never seen (look,)
you
at all...(the time...)
Time spent in your company
leaves me wondering (do you)
if next time I’ll (have to go now?)
learn something about
you.

Games, strategies, experiments,
none create
understanding
of another,
really. (what does)
A pieced together (create)
patchwork
of (understanding?)
thoughts, ideas, history.
The pieces don’t fit
together yet.

And beyond the
casual (how is your day?)
coversation,
in the shadows of
complicated (will you)
scary
places (hold my hand?)
within, (this labyrinth)
there is a place of
vulnerability, (is not)
a place guarded from the
wolves, (without compassion)
a place that rarely
experiences
light(ness).
(Nocturnal creatures, they are, howling at the moon.
With the first golden tendrils of morning light, they disappear.)

I am confused by this puzzle.
(By you.)
Why do you spend this time with me?
My stories are not so long,
and when they are finished,
what then?
Will you just wander back out into the world?
Have you already?
(Have I?)

12/28/04






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home